Cellular Shades - Top 7 Things to Know Before You Buy
- Elegance comes in Many Styles. Cellular shades (also called honeycomb shades) come in sheer, light filtering, room darkening, or blackout fabrics. WindowBlinds.com has all 4 light control designs in a variety of colors.
- Inside and Outside Colors Don't Have to Match. You can choose any color for inside your home! All colors have a neutral white backing for a uniform appearance from the outside of your home.
- There are No Visible Cords or Holes. Cellular shades reduce light leaks, add style, and a modern look. Upgrade to the cordless option to improve child safety and give a cleaner look.
- Cellular Shades are Energy Efficient. The honeycomb construction provides superior insulation and energy efficiency, among the highest of any type of window treatment.
- Shades can be Lowered from the Top Down. You can decide to leave the bottom part of your window covered. This provides privacy (especially if you're at street level) while allowing natural light to filter in at the top. This feature is often offered as an upgrade.
- Valances or Headrail Covers Aren't Needed. When fully raised, the cells of a cellular shade compact tightly at the headrail, providing nearly a full view out the window.
- Accurate Measuring and Ordering Count. Properly measured blinds are easy to install, block more light, and give a professional finish. Inside and Outside mounts have different measuring and installation directions. Follow the directions specific to the mount you choose. See WindowBlinds.com's How To Measure Window Blinds guide.